The Alpha release of the Douglass Browser
Douglass Browser Features
The Douglass Browser is aligned with the Douglass Community License and the Douglass Community Pledge. The Douglass Browser includes the Douglass non tracking search engine as well as Douglass Cloud and Douglass Community. The Douglass Browser uses peer to peer technology that gives you the ability to easily create and host websites on your computer.
The Douglass Browser makes building a decentralized Website easy. We have a builtin editor as well as tools to sync folders with your website.
- No Ad's - The Douglass Browser presents content without ads.
- IDA - ida is a peer to peer technology that gives members and communities the ability to: share, store, and distribute data where and when they want.
- Decentralized File Sharing - Encrypted Secure peer to peer file sharing.
- Decentralized websites - Create and host decentralized websites from your computer. When community members visit your page they begin sharing your your files which allows your website to remain online when your computer is off.
- Douglass Self-hosted sites are named “Spaces” You can create a Space from Douglass , add your website's HTML, and then share the Space’s link with any other Douglass Browser user. Their computer will connect directly to yours, and they will be able to browse your website.
- With the Douglass Browser any computer can start hosting a P2P website at any time.
- The Douglass Browsers enables private sharing. When you create a Space and share the link, only people with the link can view the site.
The Douglass Browser is named in Honor of Frederick Douglass - An African American icon who stood for the equality of all people and the possibility of a better tomorrow. A runaway slave before the Civil War, Douglass became an abolitionist, a supporter of women’s suffrage, and a bridge between communities.